The double program of this week of Our Beloved Summer really tightened up the character’s drama, allowing some of the comedy to crumble by the wayside as we really questioned Yeon-su and Ung’s head spaces, particularly focusing on why they parted ways so many years ago. Both episodes – you can read our recaps by clicking those words and clicking those – laid a very solid foundation for Our Beloved Summer season 1, episodes 7 and 8, the release information of which can be found below. But first, here are the big takeaways:
- First, a love triangle began to emerge, with flashbacks detailing the roots of Ung and Ji-ung’s friendship, also revealing that Ji-ung loves Yeon-su as much as anyone – that. is such a staunch friend, however, that he’s always been willing to put his own feelings aside to protect Ung.
- Similar flashbacks also delved into Yeon-su’s past, particularly his feelings of inadequacy and inferiority given his social status, and revealed that the root cause of his breakup with Ung was his own pride, as she was afraid he would find out how she really felt about his success.
- After the cliffhanger of episode 5 ends, Yeon-su is able to dismiss the issue for a bit longer, but at the end of episode 6, Ung confronted her about the breakup and why no d ‘they have only been able to resolve until now.
Our Beloved Summer season 1, episodes 7 and 8 release date
Our Beloved Summer Season 1, Episode 7 premieres on Netflix on December 27, 2021 and we don’t anticipate any lineup changes. Our Beloved Summer Season 1, Episode 8 will be released the next day.
Where to watch online
Our Beloved Summer is a Korean drama on Netflix and is available to stream on the platform (with a subscription). Viewers can watch the episode by logging into the platform every Monday and Tuesday.
With the drama clearly having reached a turning point, here’s where things could evolve in the next two episodes:
- After addressing the past, Yeon-su and Ung can presumably work towards reconciliation. It’s clear that they both still have feelings for each other, and Yeon-su realizes the breakup was probably a mistake in the first place.
- As Yeon-su and Ung grow closer, this is where we’ll see potential love rivals come into play. Yeon-su clearly has the affection of Ji-ung and possibly Mr. Jang, while the relationship Ung with NJ seems full of drama.
- Yeon-su’s admission that his pride caused their relationship to break down in the first place might encourage other characters to live out their truths, and it just might cause Ji-ung to confess his feelings sooner rather than later. Considering her longtime relationship with Ung and how important it is to the documentary, this could cause all kinds of trouble.
The Next Time post on… Our Beloved Summer season 1, episodes 7 and 8 appeared first on Ready Steady Cut.