This article contains predictions for the Apple TV+ series For All Mankind season 3, episode 5.
Access an archive of series recaps, reviews, and news.
All three missions are now closing in on Mars, and there are only a few days left until at least one spacecraft makes history and lands on the Red Planet. The various teams begin to get desperate and play recklessly as they compete for first place. Here’s what happened in episode four of For all mankind:
- Helios is in first place, and Phoenix looks poised to win the all-important space race. Ed and Dev celebrate a little too soon because Danielle and NASA have other plans.
- NASA’s Sojourner-1 unveils its gigantic solar sails that accelerate their ship and put them in first place. They will be so fast that they will overtake Helios by more than a week at their current trajectory.
- Dev wants to retaliate with reckless abandon, but he is exposed.
- On land, protests are beginning to surge. People are fed up with the expensive space race and the new helium-3, which is destroying fossil fuel companies. President Ellen Wilson loses her grip on the political climate and decides to visit NASA headquarters to appease voters.
- Jimmy Stevens attends the protests and meets protesters who believe wild conspiracy theories.
- A Soviet astronaut warns Kelly Baldwin that the Russians are about to do something dangerous and they need help. The Russians launch their nuclear engines and aim for first place. Their engines quickly fail and the ship sinks.
- Ed wants to change course and plan a rescue mission for the Russians, that would completely end their Mars mission and they would have to go home with the Soviets.
- Dev puts it to a vote and they decide not to help the Russians. Dev informs Margo of this decision. Ellen Wilson seizes this opportunity and NASA decides to help her instead.
- During their final approach, NASA notices that the Russian spacecraft is unsafe and tries to warn the crew. There is a delay, however, and while they are transferring the astronauts, the Russian ship crashes and collides with the Sojourner-1. At least three astronauts are killed by the impact.
For all mankind season 3, episode 5 release date/time
The next episode is scheduled to premiere on Apple TV+ on Friday, July 8, 2022. The release time is 12 midnight PT.
Where to watch online
Viewers around the world can catch For all mankind season 3, episode 5 on Apple TV+ on the date mentioned above.
- The Mars-94 spacecraft will damage the Sojourner-1 and continue to kill astronauts. Danielle’s crew may need to seek help from Helios in times of need.
- Dev now has control of the Phoenix and will press forward for victory. Ed will try to persuade Dev to help his fellow Americans or he may even have to commandeer the ship somehow and manually abort the Mars mission.
- The Russians will save their own crew and may even attempt to hijack the Sojourner-1.
- The Americans will save the day, but many crew members will be lost due to the reckless behavior of the Soviets. The 3 missions may need to work together to get to Mars as a collective.
You can watch this series with an Apple TV+ subscription.
The post Next Time On… For All Mankind season 3, episode 5 appeared first on Ready Steady Cut.