When will Netflix’s adorable Gudetama: An Eggcelent Adventure be released and what is the series about?
Netflix’s TUDUM event revealed a whole host of exciting new shows, but arguably no series has the potential to break into the Top 10 GOAT rankings more than Gudetama…the story of a depressed egg that’s too chicken to explore Japan.
All yellows aside, Gudetama has the potential to be one of Netflix’s most adorable and unusual series of 2022, with its first official trailer just streaming online. So what is Gudetama about, when will it be released worldwide on Netflix, and who has been cast in the new series?
- LOTR KNOW-HOW: WHY DO ELVES NEED MITHRIL IN RINGS OF POWER?
What is Gudetama: An Eggcelent Adventure?
Gudetama: An Eggcelent Adventure is an upcoming Japanese live-action/CG animation hybrid series, adapted from the TV series Gudetama which focuses on a lazy and depressed egg.
The main series is rather unusual in that it airs new episodes Saturday through Monday, but the shows are only one minute long; in 2017, the show already had more than 1000 episodes.
The new Netflix adaptation will give Gudetama and his feisty chick friend Shakipiyo an all-new adventure as they search for their mother across modern-day Japan.
“A lethargic, empathetic road movie about finding his parents, for anyone who just wants to bask! Having resigned himself to the fact that it will end up on someone’s plate, Gudetama just wants to be lazy all the time. But, carried away by Shakipiyo, a daring and authoritative girl, he leaves the refrigerator and heads out into the world. Together, these polar opposites go on an adventure to find their mother! – Synopsis by Gudetama, via Netflix Anime.
Gudetama has become a pop culture icon in Japan and can be seen through a variety of products and activities, including moody egg-themed trains, planes, restaurants, cosmetics, and clothing.
- EXPLAIN: WHY WAS JEFFREY DAHMER RELEASED FROM THE ARMY?
Gudetama: Netflix release date and cast confirmed
As confirmed in the official trailer for Gudetama: An Eggcelent Adventure, the series will be released via Netflix on Tuesday, December 13.
IMDB currently lists the series as having 10 episodes in total, although the length of each episode is yet to be confirmed.
The opening theme song is called “Gudetama March” and is performed by Yuko Hara (Southern All Stars).
The confirmed cast for Gudetama includes:
- Akiyoshi Nakao (Samurai Commando Mission 1549, Ace Attorney)
- Serena Motola (Soromon no gisho, XxxHolice and Voices in the Wind)
- Sarutoki Minagawa (Death Note, Jossy’s and It’s Your Turn)
Gudetama and Shakipiyo’s voice actors have yet to be revealed.
- MUSIC: FATE: THE WINX SAGA SEASON 2 SOUNDTRACK: EVERY SONG EXPLORED
The different appearances of Gudetama
Gudetama is normally a raw egg yolk with a lovely peach aftertaste and darker yellow color. However, the Depressed Egg actually has many different appearances and “characters” that it can also transform into depending on the situation:
- Rock – A fried egg that has a crisp golden coat and is obsessed with rock music
- Hard-Boiled – A jaded, menacing egg that has the tagline “You’ll get burned!”
- Ikura – Salmon Eggs that frequently question individuality and their own existence
- Quail – A small egg whose voice is so quiet no one understands them
- Ganguro – A burnt egg that looks like it’s makeup
- DJ Gudetama – A rapper born to be an egg in a plastic wrap, often sings depressing lyrics over an overly upbeat beat
- Gyudechama – The positive and energetic version of Gudetama
Gudetama has the potential to become Netflix’s cutest series of 2022, slated for release on December 13.
By Tom Llewellyn – email@example.com
The post Gudetama: release date, plot for Netflix’s Eggcelent show on depressed yellow appeared first on Juicee News.