The music for a movie or TV show can often make or break the final product, as the choice of songs or cinematic score can add just the right feeling to each scene.
For a film that delves into the inner workings of the music industry, like Netflix’s latest release Beauty, it’s especially significant and it should come as no surprise to viewers that the film uses a plethora of songs throughout. .
But what songs feature in Beauty’s catchy soundtrack?
- MOVIE SOUNDTRACK : Immerse yourself in songs from The Man from Toronto soundtrack
Beauty release date and plot preview
After a limited theatrical release earlier this month, Beauty sang on Netflix on Wednesday, June 29, 2022.
Directed by Nigerian-born filmmaker Andrew Dosunmu and starring Giancarlo Esposito among the score, Beauty tells the story of a gifted young black woman who struggles to retain her voice and identity after being offered a contract. lucrative recording.
Beauty’s road to stardom becomes a fierce battleground as her family, record label and closest friend all vie to be the guiding influence on her musical journey.
As a film that delves into the music industry, it’s no surprise that Beauty is packed with songs, many of which come from diehard gospel singers, giving the film a truly impressive soundtrack.
The songs featured in Beauty are:
- I will do it by Dorothy Love Coates
- Come on children let’s sing by Mahalia Jackson
- Come home (I need your love) by The Oasis
- One Note Samba by Ella Fitzgerald
- I know I’ve been changed by LaShun Pace
- I feel love by Donna Summer
- jesus is a love song by Karen Clark-Sheard feat. The Clark sisters
- When I woke up this morning by Carlton Reese and HL Parker
- Klein B2K by Klein
- goodbye sorry by Klein
- Automatic presentations by Stevie Cameo
- The best thing that ever happened to me by Gladys Knight
- tender love by The Force MD’s
- Skip to groove by Disco Four
- I’m in love by Evelyn “Champagne” King
- Blues of the swinging tennis shoe by target
- To come down by Gene Chandler
- sudden inspiration by Mohammad Reza Mortazavi
- There will come a time by Betty Everett
- Last mile of the path by Sister Rosetta Tharpe
- above the rainbow by Judy Garland
- above the rainbow by Patti LaBelle
- above the rainbow by Aram Mandossian Stage Band
Who composed the score?
Along with its many licensed songs, Beauty also features an original score by composer Philip Miller.
The London-born musician has worked in the film and television industry for over three decades with his first songwriting credit in a 1994 short titled Felix in exile.
In the years that followed, Philip worked on the music for more than 60 film and television productions, including Back of the Moon, The Number, Where is Kyra?, Of Good Report, Mother of George and the long-running South African television series Isibaya
As well as creating music for the screen, Philip Miller also works on his own music and much of the artist’s work can be found on music streaming sites including Spotify and Apple Music.
Beauty is available to stream now on Netflix after its release on June 29, 2022.
The Post-Beauty Soundtrack: Every song from the Netflix movie appeared first on Juicee News.