Skip to content

Queen Elizabeth II is stripping Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronage in what she sees as a brutal move

January 14, 2022

Queen Elizabeth II has stripped her son, Prince Andrew, of his military titles and royal patronage as his civil sex trial continues in the US. One army veteran and others say the move is appropriate, others say it’s brutal.

Royal commentator Peter Hunt brutally tweeted the word after Buckingham Palace announced Prince Andrew had lost all his honorary military posts and royal patronage. Although the Duke of York has consistently vehemently denied the allegations against him, a source said this turn of events has also resulted in the loss of his HRH style.

Hunt said the Windsors have just shown that dynasty is more important than flesh and blood when the institution is under threat, according to the Express. Broadcaster Jeremy Vine echoed the sentiment, adding that Buckingham Palace now looks more brutal than the Conservative Party.

Former Good Morning Britain presenter Piers Morgan, on the other hand, blamed Prince Andrew. He understood that it was a great humiliation for Queen Elizabeth’s third son, but he could not blame anyone but himself.

He even threatened that much worse would happen if he continued to shirk any responsibility regarding Virginia Giuffre’s allegations against him. His case also involves his relationship with the late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and his alleged accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell.

Baroness Hoey also spoke up and said that Queen Elizabeth was only acting for the good of her country, the United Kingdom. He explained that no one is responsible for the behavior of any member of the royal family, so his sympathy goes out to the monarch.

Author Nigel Cawthorne felt the palace had already run out of patience with Prince Andrew. He stressed that evidence in the Giuffre case would begin in earnest, which would result in the duke’s titles and functions being revoked.

This only showed that he has already been removed from official royal life. Lieutenant Stuart Hunt felt the move was appropriate and should have taken it years ago. Although he describes the case as an unsavory affair, he is glad Prince Andrew has already lost his military titles.

The stripping of the royal title came after a ruling found that the civil suit brought against him by Giuffre could go to court. Buckingham Palace announced that Prince Andrew will be pursuing this case as a private individual.

With Queen Elizabeth’s consent, her son’s military affiliations and royal patronage reverted to Her Majesty. That means Prince Andrew will continue to hold no public duties.