Skip to content

Meghan Markle’s Lost My Dad comment refers to her father, not Prince Charles, a royal commenter explains

August 31, 2022

A royal commentator believes Meghan Markle is referring to her father, Thomas Markle, when she discusses Prince Harry and Prince Charles’ row in the latest episode of her podcast. With many believing the Duchess of Sussex is talking about her husband’s father, it quickly makes for a slew of headlines.

In fact, another royal commentator claimed there was no going back for the Sussexes for a reconciliation with Prince Charles after Meghan Markle’s revelation. Allegedly, the latest comments could hit the heir to the throne hard.

The former actress claimed the Duke of Sussex told him: I lost my father in the process. It doesn’t have to be the same for her as it was for me, but that’s his choice, she explained via express.

As it was firmly believed that she was referring to the Prince of Wales, royal commentator Russell Myers found her comments deeply hurtful and disturbing to the future king.

He then revealed that Princess Diana’s former husband has offered the controversial couple an olive branch on a number of occasions, from visits and stays at his home to security. However, Myers claimed that the bridges had already burned down, so there was absolutely no turning back from them.

However, royal commentator Omid Scobie emphasized that Meghan Markle was referring to her own father and not Prince Charles. He said there seemed to be confusion in some of the headlines about her The Cut interview.

As he understands it, Prince Harry was referring to his wife losing her own father, and the former Suits star said she doesn’t want the father of their two children, Archie and Lilibet, to lose his.

A source told Page Six the same, while a senior royal insider added that Prince Harry has not split from his father. Rather, Prince Charles gave them millions when they left Britain.

In March 2021, Prince Harry revealed in a groundbreaking interview with Oprah Winfrey that Prince Charles stopped taking his calls regarding talks about his royal departure. He added that the royals literally cut him off financially after he stepped down as the senior working royal in January 2020, and claimed his father and brother, Prince William, are trapped in their royal roles.

A senior Clarence House spokesman has claimed Prince Charles has provided a significant sum to support Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in their transition to financial independence. However, funding is said to have stopped in the summer of 2020.