Skip to content

King Charles III will not invite Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to the coronation, a royal expert suggests

December 8, 2022

Although Buckingham Palace has yet to comment on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s upcoming Netflix documentary series Harry & Meghan, one royal commentator believes King Charles III. faces a difficult decision. The new reigning monarch will hardly be able to escape this drama. How will he react?

Royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams revealed that the Harry & Meghan trailer hinted at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s attacks on the royal family and courtiers. So what action would King Charles take to defend the company?

The commenter said that express, that after the Sussexes gave an interview with Oprah Winfrey last year, the problem was how to react. Some 50 million people watched the talk, which caused enormous damage to the monarchy, largely over the allegations of racism and mental health.

The choice is clear. Doing nothing, a ‘business as usual’ approach is highly unsatisfactory, Fitzwilliams stressed. He was certain that the event would degenerate into a media circus if the palace decided to refute the allegations or take legal action.

If it were decided to strip Prince Harry of his title, it would take an Act of Parliament to strip him of his dukedom, but he would remain a prince. Therefore, he believed that King Charles must make a drastic decision to shun his youngest son until a truce was reached between the couple and the company.

Fitzwilliams suggested the most likely move would be not to invite Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to his coronation. He went on to say that all contact with them should be banned until there is a sign of reconciliation from them.

He stressed that King Charles is still Prince Harry’s father, so his eldest brother, Prince William, could protect his legacy. But although they are already under severe threat, they have not yet reacted.

Another source told Us Weeklythat the Sussexes’ docuseries left a bad taste in the monarch’s mouth. He is said to be more concerned about this than anyone else in the monarchy.

The insider added that His Majesty didn’t want to deal with the drama, having only just inherited the throne from his late mother, Queen Elizabeth II – three months after her death. While putting on a brave face, he was concerned Harry & Meghan would cause irreparable damage to the monarchy.

Netflix has released the official trailer for the controversial six-part series The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. In the clip, the two talk about their decision to step down from their high royal offices.

The controversial couple also appeared to imply that the royal family was behind all the negative news about them before they officially left the UK. For starters, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left their senior duties in January 2020 and will do so permanently in February 2021.